15+ Years in Sports Medicine.
As a Physician Assistant (PA-C) in Sports Medicine and former certified Athletic Trainer (ATC), Suzanne has a complimentary breadth of knowledge in medical care, pre- and post-operative rehabilitation, and patient education. She works collaboratively with Dr. Wahl in the clinic and operating room where their synergistic approach can be compared to a soccer goalie and the defensive players, a cyclist and her bike or quarterback and his coach -- Suzanne is always finding ways to set up "the perfect shot" and assure success. Their team approach, as husband and wife and as MD and PA, refines and augments the patient experience; allowing for superior care that is dependable, comprehensive, safe and efficient.
- Bachelor of Arts, Kinesiology | University of Colorado | Boulder, CO
- Physician Assistant Studies | Red Rocks Community College | Lakewood, CO
- Masters in Medical Science | St. Francis University | Loretto, PA
- Teaching Associate, Chief PA-C | Department of Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine | University of Washington | Seattle, WA
- Physician Assistant | Department of Orthopaedic Surgery | UC San Diego | San Diego, CA
- Physician Assistant | Orthopedic Physician Associates | Seattle, WA
Suzanne joined the University of Washington's Department of Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine where she created and managed the Arthroscopy, Research and Training Lab and acted as the chief orthopedic PA-C. While at UC San Diego Health System she was instrumental in the development and design of the new 9,000 square foot Sports Medicine Clinic.
- Intern Athletic Trainer | University of Colorado | Boulder, CO
- Certified Athletic Trainer | University of Washington | Seattle, WA
- Physician Liaison | San Diego Chargers | San Diego, CA
Suzanne began her sports medicine career in 2000 while working as an Athletic Trainer with collegiate athletes at the University of Colorado (women's soccer, women's volleyball, football) and the University of Washington (women's gymnastics). From 2013 to 2015, she developed, organized and coordinated the care between the San Diego Chargers and UC San Diego Health System.
What a Physician Assistant (PA-C) can do for you!
- Take a medical history
- Conduct physical exams
- Diagnose and treat illnesses
- Order and interpret tests
- Develop treatment plans
- Counsel on preventative care
- Assist in surgery
- Write prescriptions
- Make rounds in the hospital
Please visit the American Academy of Physician Assistants for more information.